Friday, February 13, 2009

Honey Roasted Pumkin Ravioli

It is horrifying to learn about the Victorian Bush Fire tragedy. Day after day, as I switch on the telly, I cannot help but feel the sense of sadness when I hear those awful stories... imagine losing our home, our memories..and all those items that has a sentimental value attached to it. Just watching the fire on telly makes me feel sick. Families crying as they found out about the death of their loved ones. No words can ever describe the horror. The nation is horrified as well.

As an appeal, do consider giving generously via the Red Cross Victorian Bush Fire Appeal. Every penny helps.
______________________________________________________________________




I would also like to dedicate this post to Presto Pasta Nights #100! Goodness! Has it been #100 already? Wow! That is still my favourite event and what a joy for Ruth to have seen #10o weeks of pasta!


Honey Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli
1 packet of Spinach and Ricotta Cheese Ravioli (250 grams)
1 butternut pumkin
2 tablespoons of honey
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tsp of chilli

100 grams of baby spinach leaves
1/4 cup of Pepita seeds
1/4 cup of olive oil

1) Toss cubed pumpkin with olive oil, chili and honey. Roast 200C for around 35 mins.

2) Cook pasta in boiling water till done. Drain.

3) Heat olive oil up in a pan and saute pasta in it. Add pasta and spinach leaves and toss well. Sprinkle toasted Pepitas and toss it again. Serve with freshly grounded black pepper.


Sharing this with my friends at Pasta Presto Nights hosted by Ruth from Once Upon A Feast.

6 comments:

Ruth Daniels said...

It certainly is a terrible tragedy. My thoughts are with those who've lost so much.

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous pasta with the big Presto Pasta Night 100! I always love your beautiful and tasty dishes. Keep them coming.

Little Inbox said...

Hmm...I like pumpkin. It contains the natural sweetness and high nutrition value. A good ingredient indeed.

Unknown said...

how true, it's really sad to lose everything because of fire :(... our prayers for the victims... the pumpkin ravioli looks great...happy valentine's day... :)

Joanne said...

I saw this recipe on presto pasta and it looks amazing! I try to eat either butternut squash or sweet potatoes once a week because they are such nutritional powerhouses. This will definitely be making it into my rotation!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Is a tragic about the fire. My heart goes out to those who have suffer any kind of lost. Your pumpkin ravioli looks healthy and yummy. Love the color too.

Cynthia said...

Hi Daphne, sorry for not visiting more often; been busy lately.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...