Friday, November 20, 2009

Carrot Fritters

Remember my recent post on my BIG bag of carrots dilemma? Well, turns out that I grated WAY too much carrot for our carrot cake too! So I decided to make fritters instead!




With no recipe in hand, and totally random...I mixed up a few batches of this with egg, flour, water and lots of seasoning. Surprise surprise, it tasted quite good with some mayo and bbq sauce.

One thing I do enjoy about these fritters is that it is super healthy-with all the vitamin A we consumed using the carrots.

Carrot Fritters (around 16 fritters)

1 generous cup of shredded carrot
1 cup of flour
3 eggs
1 cup of water
pepper and salt

Mix it all up. Heat fry pan with a little oil. Dollop mixture into pan. Flip and serve warm with mayo and bbq sauce.

ps-I love the bright orange!

11 comments:

bossacafez said...

oh these look great! but its funny to read fritters + super healthy along the same line hehe.

anyway its great to hv caught up a little over MSN yesterday. we almost never do that at all! really hope to chat with u soon (read : more frequently) in future :D

very culinary said...

Genius! I love it. Seriously. I thought the cake was the best home for carrots, but I'm liking this idea just as much. Aren't you clever...

Babe_KL said...

this wud be a fantastic way to get kids to eat some vege, way to go gurl!

Unknown said...

LOVE anything fritters! genius idea, daph!

Kenny Mah said...

I'm totally with you on the colour of them carrots - bright and uplifting! :D

wmw said...

The carrot fritters makes me think of sweet potatoes fritters...were the carrot fritters soft?

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yum, can't go wrong with fritters.

tigerfish said...

Nice way to use all the remaining carrots.

tracieMoo said...

Wow, I bet they were good!

Estèrre said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Estèrre said...

I really loved your recipe and I'll try it! Today I wish you good luck
voyance gratuite en ligne, voyance gratuite tarot

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...