Saturday, January 30, 2010

Spicy Tomato Chicken with Risoni

My first time experimenting with risoni pasta turned out to be a little more than a surprise. It resembles rice to me!

I paired it up with a spicy tomato sauce chicken and that plate was cleared quickly. The texture is different from any other pasta that I have tasted and I loved it!


Wonder what else can I do with it?

Spicy Tomato Chicken with Risoni (Serves 4)
Risoni- cooked around 2 cups of it in boiling water 
500 grams chicken thigh diced
2 cups of sliced mushrooms
1 can of basil diced tomatoes
tobasco sauce
1 chili chopped
1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
2 roma tomato chopped
1 bunch of chives chopped


Cook garlic and chilli. Add chicken and brown meat. Add all tomatoes and mushrooms with around 1/4 cup of water. Simmer for around 10-15 minutes. Add the amount of tobasco sauce you like, chopped chives and season. Taste and adjust accordingly. Serve with Parmesan cheese and Risoni.

2 comments:

Little Inbox said...

Risoni? Haven't tried before.

Little Corner of Mine said...

I think I saw this in the supermarket and thought it's interesting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...