Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Garlic Chili Chorizo and Prawn Zucchini Pasta

New discovery!

Chorizo and prawns goes so well together!

oops- sorry about taking time before realizing this fact! A fact that was discovered because I wanted to use the remaining chorizo in the fridge.



This is my entry to this week's Presto Pasta founded by Ruth Daniels.  After a few weeks of hiatus on pasta dishes, rest assured that my mojo for noodles and all things stringy is still intact. Hubby has been requesting a few of his old pasta/noodles favorites hence I haven't been taking photos and posting them up.

This one though, is simple and delicious. Quick one for our Tuesday night dinners.


Garlic Chili Chorizo and Prawn Zucchini Pasta(Serves 4)
1 tablespoon of garlic
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 chili chopped finely
2 tsp of dried chili flakes
1 zucchini grated
1 cup of chopped mushrooms
1 chorizo sausage sliced
around 200-300 grams of prawns

Extra olive oil 
Squeeze of lemon juice
1/2 packet of pasta. 

Cook pasta and drained.  Set aside

Saute garlic and chili with olive oil. Quickly cook chorizo. Add prawns. Cook till it is nearly done. Toss in pasta and zucchini. Season with dried chili flakes and crack pepper. Add a little more olive oil if it is a tad dry. Serve with lemon juice. 


Have you submitted your entry to PASTA PRESTO yet? =) 

7 comments:

Noob Cook said...

I've not eaten chorizo before, I think :P but it looks fab in your pasta. Wish I could taste it :)~

Little Inbox said...

I'll submit my post later. :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Delicious! Perhaps I will have spaghetti on Friday!

Ruth Daniels said...

Shrimp & chorizo are always on hand here and my perfect fall back plan for dinner. Thanks for sharing this one with Presto Pasta Nights....and thanks so much for hosting again. You're awesome.

Katie Zeller said...

Chorizo goes with almost anything! (But esp. shrimp, I think)
My entry is on it's way...

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Dear,
Sent in my entry to your Yahoo address. Please let me know if you got it.

♥peachkins♥ said...

This is one delicious-looking pasta!


blowing peachkisses
The Peach Kitchen
peach and things

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...