Friday, May 14, 2010

Lamb and Grilled Capsicum Pinwheels


Passing by a famous chicken chain shop one day, I noticed that they have quite a few new products this year. I took a closer look and they were featuring chicken pinwheels- Puff pastry wrapped with chicken mince in various flavours. I knew exactly at that moment that it would be something I like to re-create at home.

So armed with some mince (Notice we have been eating and experimenting with more mince recently? Just my bid to reduce grocery costs- the price rises are getting exorbitant now!) and puff pastry.. I started rolling.

This one has chargrilled capsium with fresh tomatoes and cheese. I love they way they turned out.


Any other suggestions for pinwheels? =)

Lamb and Grilled Capsicum Pinwheels

200 grams of lamb mince
1-2 tablespoon of bbq sauce
1/2 red onion chopped 
1 tablespoon of tomato sauce
salt/pepper
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
1 tablespoon of corn flour
1 egg
1 cup of bread crumbs 


1/2 jar of chargrilled capsicum strips
1 tomato chopped
cheddar cheese 

3 pieces of puff pastry cut into halves.

Marinate lamb mince.  Place defrosted puff pastry on bench, and spoon lamb mixture on it..flatten it. Add capsium strips and tomato. Sprinkle cheese. Roll it tight. Cut into portions and place on lined tray. Bake in 200C oven for 15-20 minutes. Serve with side salad.

4 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

I think I'd turn cartwheels for these delicous pinwheels! :D

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks like a delicious bites.

tigerfish said...

I like the name pinwheels...and the lamb mince must have made these bites taste fantastic!

daphne said...

thanks guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...