Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Aussie Classic- Pavlova Success!




Some of you may have read my Pavlova disaster a few years back. Although it was initially a success, I placed cream and fruits on it too early on and it was crushed from its' weight. It was also pretty embarrassing, since I had to serve this at a Christmas gathering with hubby's (then fiance) extended family. 



When I looked at the previous post, it came to me that it has been TWO long years since I made pavlova. Given my last attempt, I knew that I just had to make it again and learn from my mistakes.


This time round, we hosted a lunch with some close friends and I chose to make this pavlova from the same recipe again. Gotta love Donna Hay! After whipping the egg whites and spooning it on the baking tray, I was quite worried that the pav will come out flat! The last one, I was able to pile it up higher. Perhaps I should have beat the egg whites a little longer. Since it was too late, I decided to give it a go and bake it anyway.

I left the pav in the oven that night to cool down and only chose to fridge it the next morning. The result was a slightly flatter pav but the same crisp outer shell and marshmallow soft texture inside. I did not repeat my mistakes and chose to put cream and fruits on it just before serving.



The plate was clean by the end of it.  You can only imagine how happy and proud I was!

Success can be obtained by failing. Failing is not to be feared but to be embraced as each failure brings us closer to success.


Pavlova
4 Egg whites
3/4 cup of caster sugar
1 tsp of white vinegar
3 tsps of corn flour

1) Preheat oven to 150C. Line baking tray and draw a 7inch circle on it.

2) Beat egg whites till soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and beat will till glossy and stiff. Sift cornflour and fold through vinegar.

3) Spoon meringue mixture onto baking paper. Place in oven and reduce temperature to 120C. Cook for 1 hr. Turn oven off and leave it to cool overnight in the oven.

4) To serve topped with freshly whipped cream and fruits. Serve immediately.

4 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

your pavlova looks "sinfully" good - I have never made one of these delights but you have certainly inspired me now!

Noob Cook said...

love the generous fresh fruits toppings!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

This is one of the recipe i plan to make but till now still in the long waiting list, hehehe. Yours look so beautiful and I bet it taste good as well.

♥peachkins♥ said...

It looks gorgeous!




The Peach Kitchen
peach and things
blowing peachkisses

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...