Friday, December 17, 2010

Indian Style Butter Bean and Avocado Dip

Every Tuesday, my colleagues and I take turns to bring morning tea. Given that we have hours of meetings, morning tea (which usually turns into our lunch) sweeten the deal. Recently, we seem to be pretty keen on dips. It started with store bought and we realized that it is probably much cheaper and healthier to make our own. It started with garlic hummus, and graduated to mashed avocado with taco seasoning dip (gotta try this one at home one day!). I decided to experiment and came out with this dip instead.




I toasted the spices first before adding it to the butter bean and avocado mixture. Instead of adding olive oil, I used fresh lemon juice. This makes this dip far healthier than other options out there.It's addictive! Given that many of us hosts Christmas events, hopefully this dip will inspire you to create a dip with your own Christmas signature on it.



By the time you read this, I am on the plane for a short holiday and to be part of a bridal party at my best friend's wedding. Thankfully, I have prepared some posts for you to enjoy while I am away and I hope you will enjoy what I have for you. *muacks*


Indian Style Butter Bean and Avocado Dip
2 cans of butter beans (You can also use chickpeas) 
1 large avocado
1 lemon-juiced

3 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of mustard seeds
1/2 tsp of chili powder
2 tsp of tumeric powder
1 tsp of garam masala powder
1 tablespoon of olive oil

Over low heat, add oil to small pan with spices. Toast gently till it smells beautiful.
Meanwhile, drain beans and place in food processor with chopped avocado and lemon juice. Blitz it for 1 min or 2. Add toasted spices and blitz it again. Taste and season accordingly. Serve with crackers.


Photobucket

3 comments:

tigerfish said...

Nice munching ritual in your office :)

Joanne said...

I am one HUGE dip fan. I'm always looking for new recipes and this one is new to me! SOunds delicious!

Have fun on your holiday and at your friends wedding!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Great healthy dip! Have a nice time at your friend's wedding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...