Friday, May 27, 2011

Sundried Tomato Hummus


Once a month, I was on morning tea duty, preparing morning tea items for office colleagues. It's our way to thank each other, appreciating each other for the work we put in weekly. This Hummus was my "last" morning tea preparation as I left the position soon after. As I was preparing it, it was bitter sweet- especially since I have many memories there.

Hence, it was important for me to get it right. To make something that everyone could enjoy. While I was blitzing this hummus up, I thought it was abit too tangy for my liking. I mmm and ahhh.. pondering whether to bring this hummus for morning tea. In the end I did it, and to my utmost surprise, everyone liked it and it was finished by the next morning. My colleagues assured me that it wasn't a show but the tangyness was something slightly different from what other dips offered out there.

Well for me, I was just glad they liked it.

Sundried Tomato Hummus
1 can of chickpeas drained
80 grams of semi sundried tomatoes (I used the 97 fat free one)
1/2 lemon squeezed
1/4 cup of olive oil
Season with some salt and cracked pepper.

Blitz everything up. Serve with crackers. ;)


Photobucket

10 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

Just about everything tastes better with sundried tomatoes! :D

Quay Po Cooks said...

I love sundried tomato, I always put some in my pizzas. I am sure this dips taste good.

Kitchen Belleicious said...

We eat hummus EVERY night as I get dinner ready so this is heaven to me. I am so excited to try another version. right now we are stuck on my avocado hummus but this sounds so good!

Little Corner of Mine said...

I don't make hummus and hardly eat it. Not use to it I guess. :) Glad your colleagues enjoyed it.

Babe_KL said...

I love hummus and it's so easy to make and Kenny is so right about sundried tomatoes ;-)

I've made a spread of just cream cheese and chopped sundried tomatoes, so yummy!

chow and chatter said...

wonderful hummus recipe I must make this more bet your colleagues loved it

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

this is new to me, but it sound simple and good. Have a nice weekend.

Spoon and Chopsticks said...

What a wonderful recipe, Daphne! Thanks for sharing.

http://spoon-and-chopsticks.blogspot.com/

daphne said...

Kenny- So true!

Veronica- I agree! I love it in my pasta too.

Jessica- U are right on the money with your spicy avocado hummus for sure.

Rebecca- they did. Thank you!

Sonia- you have a great weekend too.

Spoon and chopsticks- :)

lena said...

i think i would love this dip too! you leaving your job?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...