Monday, July 09, 2012

Lamb Bake with Cauliflower Crunch


I realised how versatile a head of cauliflower is. I came up with an idea one day, to make a lamb bake dish using cauliflower as a topping rather than the traditional mash potato. Instead of cheese, I sprinkled some dukkah for that roasted crunch texture.

The combination is surprisingly pretty good! I love the slight crunch of the cauliflower with the tangy lamb bake at the bottom of the pan. It's not a very fancy dish, but it is a nice warm meal on a winter night.


You will notice that I am featuring a lot of baking dishes recently. So much that it is darn tempting to re name my blog to a "Many ways to cook using an oven" blog instead. Bear with me while I am in transition at the moment to a different home/different kitchen altogether.

This does push me out of my comfort zone and I am learning how to embrace our oven for sure! LOL

Lamb Bake with Cauliflower Crunch 
500 grams lamb mince
1 red onion
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 red capsicum chopped
1 cup of button mushrooms
2 red chill chopped
1/4 cup of red wine

Cauliflower chopped
1/4 cup of dukkah.

Preheat Oven 200C.

Saute onion and chill. Cook and break mince up. Simmer with some red wine. Add diced tomatoes. capsicum and button mushrooms. Simmer for another 10 minutes or so. Spoon into oven safe dish. Top with cauliflower and sprinkle with dukkah. Bake for 20-25 minutes.





Photobucket

7 comments:

lena said...

you got me excited when you talked about your transition, would definately like to see more cooking with oven recipes. have to chk what dukkah is!

helvyre said...

I really loved this recipe, I'll wait for other recipes that you will send. Thank you for your generosity.

horoscope

Little Corner of Mine said...

Love your cauliflower crunch, what a healthy substitute!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

lamb bake! How cool is that. what a great way to introduce lamb in a new and different way! I love this

tigerfish said...

What an interesting use of cauliflower but I am a cauliflower lover too so I embrace that idea :P

WokandSpoon said...

Didn't realise that cauliflower was so versatile!

Chocolate Shavings said...

I love the idea of combining cauliflower and lamb - it's a little warm for this bake on this side of the world for now, but what a great option for the cooler months!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...