Monday, August 27, 2012

Lamb Stroganoff

I know that stroganoff is often associated with beef. I did have all the best intentions to pick up some beef for dinner one night, but couldn't resist the lamb mince when I saw it on sale.


The fun bit about winter is making hearty stews and casserole dishes. A good old stroganoff certainly fits the bill. It didn't take me long to make this version at all, and it did taste better the next day.


Grocery shopping is a funny thing. Often I have a list of things to purchase in preparation for meals next week. I do however, change my mind quite rapidly when I spot good deals or thought of something else when I am walking through the aisle.

Do you have this experience too?

Nevertheless, I'm glad I attempted to use lamb instead of beef. Certainly tasty!!

Lamb Stroganoff 
700 grams of lamb mince
1 tablespoon of garlic
1 red onion chopped
50 ml of sour cream
2 tsp of paprika
dash of brandy
2 cups of mushrooms chopped

Saute onion and garlic. Brown lamb mince and add the brandy. Simmer with the mushrooms for around 10 minutes. Add sour cream and taste. Season. Serve with heaps of vegetables!


Photobucket

5 comments:

tigerfish said...

I have the same experience during grocery shopping. I usually end up buying more - what's on my list + what's not in my list but the on-going good deals ;p

Joanne said...

I'm glad your substitution turned out deliciously! I'm always up for making changes if it means saving some money!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

i love how you make the best classic dishes using other meats like lamb, I have never tried it with lamb before and now i am intrigued. It sounds delicious

Little Corner of Mine said...

Glad it turned tasty for you! I don't prepare a grocery list on produce. I usually buy whatever that's on sales and then come home and plan the meal each day according to what I buy.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Never had this before , sound yummy and easy to make.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...