Monday, February 06, 2006

Reality

I enjoyed the cleaning and organising so much that I dread going back to reality tomorrow. It's true. Mindless work is so refreshing. You dont have to use your brains that much except for "where should I chuck this?" question that comes up occasionally. Other times, you just follow your instincts and go "if i cant place this somewhere, it is going to the bin." There is just something calming when you see this super untidy place turned into a nice organised space. My study table is cleared. My room doesnt have anything in it besides the bed, wardrobe (with clothes in it of course) and mirror. The kitchen is clean.

Like I was saying, I dread going back to reality tomorrow.

I am grateful though. At least I have the chance to get organised, in the midst of reading up and preparing for this new attachment.

I'm also back to my routine of waking and sleeping early. Unless you girls and guys want to wake up between 5:30-7:30am, your best bet of contacting me is through email and sms. Im fact, this will be the two main ways of me contacting you too! Night is not a good time as I am usually grumpier! It's true, you see... i do not know what today will enfolds when you call me up in the morning. I will naively think "today will be a good day" until night falls and then I go "Crap day."

Anyway, thanks to all who meet up with me when I went back to Singapore.

V and Chee- Chicken rice galore. Let's try steamboat next. Start thinking where should we go. I'm really hoping this year will pass quick.

Jon- My coffee kaki. Our once-a-year meeting never fails to amuse me on the curveballs that life throws.

Jus- Please, just graduate with your physio. Sooner or later, I have to see you professionally. Make sure you give discount. And please, no more starbucks. They serve substandard coffee.

Junwei- The oldies will never die out of fashion. Keep listening to to them. Oh, dont forget Kelvin Kern.

Marcus, Lisheng and Jus- I just cant forget our night out. The coffee isnt fantastic but the company is. It is amazing how I realised we were actually in the SAME pri AND sec sch! All those good old days...

Zinnia, Sam and Annabelle- I want more sushi and sashimi!!!!

Dave- Once again, the coffee and service sucks but it was good seeing you again.

Ting- The prawn noodles was good isnt it? I enjoyed our chats together, especially my trip to your house. It was so good catching up once more. Thanks for dropping by to mine as well during CNY. The earrings are so funky. Till today, I still smile to myself when i remembered the frequent trips to the lib when we were kids. Btw, Bishan Lib is about to open right? Darn....

Remember to send my regards to your mum =) I agree with her about our friendship.

Mano- This is for you, for remembering to contact AND meet me when you went down to Singapore for a short trip.

Ben- You never fail to amuse me with your 'oops, that came out wrong' sentences.

Peggy- My nails looked so nice that day. Thanks for your effort. I enjoyed my shopping and yakking trips with you. I really hope things will go smoothly for you this year. Please, check this space sometimes, I DO mention your name.

Ruth- Remember our $0.90 bubble tea chat. Cheap AND good. We got to have more of those. The drink is probably better than the shopping trip in J8 that night. Thank you for welcoming Peggy and myself to your house on Christmas Eve. That 'tradition' is something we have to continue or at least try to do something like that once a year.

I'm glad we got to celebrate our birthdays (Peg + Ruth) once again on 30th of Dec. The KTV trip is a blast as well.

There are probably a few that I missed. Oh well, blast me with cold air and I will remember. My memory is failing me.

Perhaps not all read this blog (because not all have this address and most will not be interested anyway). However, I feel that by writing it down.. it makes me feel just a tat closer to the next time when we meet.

4 comments:

daphne said...

I'm all for it!

The end of the year seems long now.

wenrui said...

Merci beaucoup.

Benji said...

oops.. that sounds wrong..

daphne said...

Jon- you are welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...