Monday, March 06, 2006

campus

Recently, I met up with an old friend from HK. We changed, in terms of our outlook in life, what we want from it and our visions for the future. She was shocked to know I'm still studying (so was I) wheras I was just plain happy to see a familier face in an old setting (i.e. Murdoch uni).

I walked into Murdoch 2 weeks ago, breathing in the buzz in bush court, the weird smell along the psych corridors and the paper print outs from the post grad lab. No, I'm still not used to not having my buddies around me. Where is chee and her funny jokes? JJ and his late assignments? Velda and her dry humour? Jennifer and her sweet smile?

Occasionally, I will meet up with friends I made in Masters- the tears we shed, the hugs we shared and the anger expressed during our first year means we have a special bond (Look, we eat cereal in the clinic at 7.15am). All of us moved on though, and there is still an empty gap when you walked onto the campus.

You see, the campus isnt just for getting our degrees. It's where we grow up, make friends that you know will be with you (or not), cry, laugh, share memories and learn how to write complaint letters (not to the uni lah, even to telstra...).

Yes, the campus feels different without my buddies.

1 comment:

Benji said...

I seem to be at uni almost everyday even though I already graduated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...