Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Strawberry Yogurt Parfait



I had a bad experience with yogurt recently. On Sunday, I bought Margaret River's Greek Style yogurt and was surprised to find it tasting, SALTY and sour! Silly me thought that it was just my luck and I should head back to the store to get MORE yogurt... and I bought the Plain Margaret River one to go with muesli. Guess what happened this morning? It was SALTY and SOUR again!

Now, I'm no yogurt expert but I'm pretty sure yogurt is NOT supposed to be salty! I mean, a tinge of sourness is acceptable but SALTY?

Anyway, I rang the supermarket and told the Margaret River Dairy company. Haven't heard back from them. I certainly hope they will get the problem rectify soon because their yogurt is really quite nice when it isn't salty or sour....

I'm abit of a fuss pot when it comes to yogurt. Store-bought normal ones just isn't the same as freshly made one. My personal favorites are from Athena and Moo.

I wish I have pictures to show you, but the Moo premium yogurt store looks quite cool! hehehe.. Moo Yogurt and Athena current top my list for having nice tasting creamy yogurt! Next in line is Margaret River (ONCE they get their act together!).

I had this for dessert one night. It came out of the blue really. Mr AR had an offer where we bought one tub of Moo yogurt and get the other free. So out of my excitment,I drew my inspiration from my recent Tiramisu and put this together quickly.

Strawberry Yogurt Parfait
2 sponge fingers
few tablespoon of coffee
1 tablespoon of brandy/rum
100grams of yogurt
sliced strawberries

Method

1) Cut sponge fingers in small pieces. Soak sponge fingers in coffee/brandy mixture
2) Place bite size sponge fingers at the bottom layer. Top with yogurt and strawberries. Repeat till you reach the top!
3) Smooth yogurt out. Garish with strawberries
4) GUILT FREE DESSERT! ;p

Must head back to the store soon! =)

8 comments:

teckiee said...

hmmm i have never heard and tasted salty yogurt.... but maybe eating it crackers is nice?

Anonymous said...

The Parfait looks and does tastes great :) It is smooth at the start for the first couple of spoonfuls, until you taste the coffee and rum and then you'll get a hit and wake up a little :) The amount of coffee and rum was just nice for this desert I think.

Babe_KL said...

looks good and it's healthy too!!!

Big Boys Oven said...

hmmm... I have never or had yet tasted salty yogurt... most of them they are sweet or very very sweet....hmmmm.... i wonder why yours is salty?

East Meets West Kitchen said...

Love your Strawberry Parfait idea with rum/coffee and coffee added. :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Your Strawberry Yogurt Parfait looks great and healthy too! :)

daphne said...

teckiee- i dont dare to eat it anymore! =( i honestly think something must have happened to their refrigerator system and it spoilt.

ar- glad u like it!

babe_KL-hehe. yes! It's creamy, feels sinful but it's healthy!

big boys oven-Neither hv i! it was really yucky!

Eat meets west kitchen- Thanks! I have to try it with other ideas too.. Maybe choc will taste good too.

Little corner- thanks!!! I still have to find WHITE light to take pictures!

Thistlemoon said...

That is my kind of dessert!

beautiful!

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...