Thursday, January 31, 2013

Anchovies and SoyBean Broth



Many of you know of my love for having Yong Tou Fu (YTF). Stuffed vegetables with fish paste. It's a hit when I was a kid, and even more so as an adult. There is a place near us that sells fresh YTF, and we have been eagerly buying packets and cooking them.

Well of course I can probably attempt to make the filling and stuffed them myself... but frankly, I have been too tired to do so (more on that later). Suddenly, from loving cooking, I'm starting to feel a little tired of it now. Have you ever felt that way? Sure, I still love making a special dish or meal here and there on the weekend, but these days, I'm keen to come home and rest.

My dear mother in law brought us a packet of dried anchovies from Malaysia. With some soy beans on hand- and inspiration from Tigerfish, the meal was easy.

I really like this broth. It's simple, and very tasty. I bet this will be nice with some noodles or even some meatballs, but all I wanted was YTF and broth. Oh, and soy sauce and chopped chilli.

Anchovies and SoyBean Broth 
1/2 cup of anchovies
1/4 cup of soy beans
6 bowls of water (around 2 litre)

Bowl everything together for around 1 hour or so. Add in your favourite vegetables, noodles or like me, some YTF!




Photobucket

8 comments:

Joanne said...

"more on that later"...hmmm :P

This broth sounds delicious!

Angie's Recipes said...

The broth sounds really delicious. I have never tried the combo of soya beans and anchovies..love the idea.

tigerfish said...

Hello Daphne, hope you enjoyed the taste. It is a mild light-tasting broth, perfect for YTF. Too bad, I can't get (or don't know where) YTF over here :(

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

enjoy with noodles, sure yummy!

Little Corner of Mine said...

What an easy and quick soup to make! Speaking of which, I haven't had YTF in years! *cry*

lena said...

this is a nice broth, i also understand that some hawkers just use these two combinations for stock. I understand what you mean by 'tired' now..i'm actually looking forward to cny holidays and maybe a short blog break, i will not be cooking a storm..just simple and will be eating out too

rosi said...

Hi ! This broth sounds delicious ! Thank you so much for your share !

yeux bichon maltais

Voyance serieuse gratuite par mail

Sovania said...

Cool blog you have here, I will check in often.
Best Wishes,
voyance gratuite par mail

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...