Friday, July 05, 2013

Banana Vanilla Pancakes with Berry Compote



Do you like the new look of my little space here? It has been 4 years since I changed the look of this blog. Given there will be some new beginnings, I thought it was a good time for some changes. It certainly reflect my inner self. Less cluttered, clearer and generally older! If you are into social media, follow me on Facebook or even instigram- I would love to hear from you. I will probably posts photos of our life journeys and bakes/cooks that may or may not make it here.

I am approaching the last weeks of pregnancy now. Bub is due anytime. I took parental leave early, partially because due to the nature of my work, it was recommended that I am home early. It's a funny feeling being at home after working for a few years. The hubby commented that standards of dinners has improved, and he has less housework to worry about. I could wander around the shops in the day and take my time browsing at shelves. The house is more organised and cleaner, with clothes actually hanging where it is supposed to be at rather than in piles in baskets on the floor in our room. I'm catching up with a few friends during the day, and could enjoy the winter sunshine when we get it.

It's a total different lifestyle.

Do I prefer it? or do I miss work? To be honest, it's abit of both. I think I'm feeling the "honeymoon" of being at home and enjoying some peace, quiet and "me/us" time before baby arrives. I get to do things that I want to do with less stress. I miss the challenge of work and my colleagues. Work to me is not just a pay check. It will be interesting next year, when I have to decide when or if I do want to return to work.

After having a tricky few months to this pregnancy, I'm actually enjoying the 2nd half of 2nd trimester and of course, now the 3rd trimester. While I feel huge, it's an amazing miraculous sensation feeling bub kick and respond to stimuli. I can't wait to see baby, but at the same time, feeling protective of him in the womb. I'm nervous about labour, but excited that our new life will begin. I'm also looking forward to all the great confinement food that my grandmother is an expert about.



Given that I have been sharing my favourite breakfasts with you, here is another one. It is adapted from one of my favourite bloggers PaleoOMG- she comes up with the most amazing clean recipes. If you are looking for a delicious pancake recipe that won't make you feel that you have an unhealthy morning- this is for you. Something to welcome the weekend!

Banana Vanilla Pancakes with Berry Compote (serves 2-around 4 smallish size pancakes)
1.5 banana (Just because I have that half a banana left over and want to use it up!)
1 egg
1.5 tablespoon of coconut flour
1 tsp of vanilla paste
1 tsp of vanilla extract
pinch of baking soda
1 tsp of cinnamon
pinch of salt



Berry compote- 1 cup of berries, 1 tsp of raw honey

Blitz everything except berries and honey in a food processor. Heat pan with some coconut oil. Spoon a tablespoon of mixture and spread it out on pan. Cook till you see bubbles on the top and flip it. Repeat for rest of the batter.

In a saucepan, heat berries (I used frozen) with some honey. Stack pancakes and spoon berries on top. Tuck in.



 photo MTWsignature_zpsaefba23f.png

7 comments:

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

I love your new blog layout, clean and neat! You must be excited to welcome your baby huh, enjoy this moment! This is healthy pancake and good for you and your baby.

Joanne said...

LOVE the new blog layout! It looks very homey, like we're sitting down to tea together.

And I'm so exciting for the imminent arrival of the baby!! These pancakes sound deeelicious!

lena said...

yeah, i also like your new blog layout. I was also thinking of changing mine too but a little scared of doinh that cos i'm not too familiar with all those gadgets and codes. Happy to hear about your updates on your pregnancy, all the best!! HUgs!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Look at the pancakes, what a generous amount of berries on top, YUM!! Seeing you getting married, buying a new house and now waiting for the birth of your baby boy...wow!

tigerfish said...

I am with LCOM. Did not realize we saw you got married, bought a new house and awaiting the birth of your little one in these 4 years!

I like the new look of your blog, esp the light pastel hues.

Noob Cook said...

agree with LCOM & tigerfish. How time flies ... now we are eagerly anticipating together with you... hehehe

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Hi Daphne! I love your new blog look! I'm always tempted to change, but due to lack of time I haven't had a chance... I love that your blog grew while your real life changes. :) Congrats on baby and enjoy being pregnant!:) You will enjoy these pancakes with your little one soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...